The Glasshouse (Prisoners Families)
Jigsaw4u support children, young people and their families who have been affected by a parent, carer or older sibling being sent to prison. Referrals are accepted for 5 to 16 year-old’s living or going to school in the London Boroughs of Merton or Sutton (and some parts of Croydon, Wandsworth and Surrey). Their parent/carer will be consulted and included in the intervention.
They will be given space to talk and express their concerns and feelings in a non-judgemental setting. If appropriate, this will include communicating with the parent/carer or older sibling in prison. Jigsaw4u will help families establish networks of support and access other Jigsaw4u services which could help them. Sessions will take place at our office, in schools or other suitable locations.
At the end of each intervention, we aim that each child/young person will:
- Have gained self-esteem
- Understand why there have been changes in the family
- Have improved family relationships
We offer 6 to 8 one-to-one sessions to help the child/young person process and understand their relatives absence. These will include:
- One-to-one sessions for the child young person
- One-to-one sessions for parents/carers
- Group work for parents/carers
- Social events for families
- Liaison with child’s school
- Communicating with parent in prison
- Establishing networks of support for the family
For more details or to make a referral please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 0208 687 1384.