Young Victims of Crime
Jigsaw4u are part of a multi-agency partnership providing support for young victims of crime in Merton.
Jigsaw4u’s new service, launched in October 2019, will support children, young people and their families who have been affected by a parent or older sibling being sent to prison. Referrals are accepted for 5 to 16 year-old’s living or going to school in the London Boroughs of Merton or Sutton. Their parent/carers will be consulted and including in the intervention.
We offer 6 to 8 one-to-one sessions to help the child/young person process and understand their relatives absence. These will include:
- One-to-one sessions for the child/young person
- One-to-one sessions for parents/carers
- Groupwork for parents/carers
- Social events for families
- Liaison with child’s school
- Communicating with parent in prison
- Establishing networks of support for the family
They will be given space to talk about and express their concerns and feelings in a non-judgemental setting. If appropriate, this will include communicating with parents or older siblings in prison. Jigsaw4u will help families establishing networks of support and access other Jigsaw4u services which could help them. Sessions will take place at our office, in schools, or other suitable locations.
At the end of each intervention, we aim that each child/young person will:
- Have gained self-esteem
- Understood why there have been changes in the family
- Have improved family relationships
For more details or to make a referral please email firstname.lastname@example.org